CANADIAN ASSOCIATION OF REFUGEE LAWYERS
2021 WEBINAR SERIES
Pandemic Healthcare PR Applications:
A Q&A with IRCC on Eligibility Requirements and Processing
Friday, March 5, 2021 at 1:30PM-2:30PM EST
For those who have previously registered for the webinar:
- A recording of the webinar is available here. (You should have already received the password).
- You can access the webinar materials here (English) and here (French).
**Note: CPD: Ontario is confirmed for 1.5 hr for Substantive Learning. We are confirming CPD credit for BC. Barreau du Québec: Formation dont l’admissibilité a été confirmée par le Barreau du Québec aux fins de la formation continue obligatoire pour une durée de 1.5 heures *** pour les avocats du Québec.
On August 14, 2020, the Honourable Minister Mendicino announced a temporary public policy that will provide a pathway to permanent residency for certain asylum claimants working in the health-care sector during the COVID-19 pandemic. Since the program’s release, many questions have been raised concerning the eligibility criteria and processing of these applications, as well as other options for permanent residence for those who have worked in the healthcare sector.
CARL is hosting panel of IRCC representatives and immigration lawyer Marianne Lithwick to answer attendees’ questions on this new pathway for permanent residence with the following speakers:
- Mathew Myre, Senior Director, Refugee Affairs, Asylum Policy, IRCC
- Céline Beauparlant, Senior Policy Analyst, Social Immigration Policy and Programs, Immigration Branch, IRCC
- Marianne Lithwick, Immigration and Refugee Lawyer, Lithwick Law
All attendees are kindly requested to send their questions to Nicholas Hersh (email@example.com) by next Wednesday, March 3, 2021.
CPD accreditation for Ontario, Quebec and BC is currently pending.
The webinar is *FREE* for CARL members and $25 for non-members.
To renew your membership or sign-up for a membership, please click here.
A password to access the recorded webinar upon completing registration.